Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Computer Crash! Uuuugh! I feel like I've been down forever but it's only been a few days. So I wake up Monday morning and my husband says he spent until 3 am getting the computer up. With a smile on my face silently commending my husband for his valiant effort, I check email and inform him we don't have it. He gets up out of bed and does his wonders and viola it's running. Then I go check out a file I need and realize I have no access to the drive that has all our files. This puts me out of commission the whole rest of the day as he downloads our database of files onto our computer.

The now funny (but wasn't at the time) story is that at dinner time my husband, for what reason I don't know, asks my 6 year old to check the computer to see if it is still running (downloading the files). This process has taken all day and we are near the end of the download. With only 4 minutes left remaining in the download, our 6 year old darling daughter reaches for a pen from the holder on the shelf and tips the container of pens and all onto the keyboard, hitting the escape button!!!! You don't want to know the words that flew out of our mouths! Not sure what he did but he did retrieve it back anyway. Now he's uploading all the programs all over again. Wondering when I'll get life back as I knew it...

No comments: