Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yahoo - Got the first sale at the salon! Maybe the momentum will start now that I substituted girls clothes on the racks.

Just surviving the retail slow season. We went on a small vacation - a family reunion... then on to Disney World! My 5 year old daughter was fooling around with her cousins in the hotel room jumping on the beds when the accident occurred. She bumped her head on the floor - don't know what happened to the inner instinct to use your hands to break a fall, but she smacked her face into the floor. She had a small bump on her forehead and complained that her nose hurt. Seemed like normal damage. After some TLC she fell fast asleep. We woke up the next morning ready for our first day at Disney when our darling daughter awoke to her eye swollen shut! Rush to the doctor finding out she's fine but needs to ice her eye; but needless to say we were hotel bound for the day. I asked my 2 year old what the doctor said? Her reply, "No more Laurens jumping on the bed!" Pretty innovative we thought for a 2 year old! We did get to enjoy 1 day at Magic Kingdom the following day with promises we'd come back in October, when the crowds are gone anyway.

So now you wouldn't believe I also went through some bad luck - and it always comes in 3's. Unloading the car at the hotel for the family reunion (why was I the one unloading?), I totaled the portable DVD player - so how will we survive the car ride home? My husband buys a newer better one - with dual screens for each kid! Sounds pricey doesn't it? He asked me how in the world I did it - I said don't ask.
Round 2 is we get home and I am on my way out the driveway to do errands when I realize I am missing something. I pull back into the driveway (like I've done many times before) to run into the house through the garage with the car running. But I check something out on the passenger seat and while concentrating take my foot off the break... not a problem if I had already put the car in park - or did I? No I did not. I did put my foot on the break very quickly after the slow lurch forward hitting the house. It's not that bad actually, you can't even tell really. I actually only hit the decorative foam casing around the garage. I even thought about not telling my husband but knew I would be in bigger trouble if I didn't. Although he got home before I did and didn't notice the damage at all! So when I told him, he again asked how in the world I did it. I was getting defensive at this point and after explaining myself I told him bad luck comes in 3's and I got one more. He looked at me angrily and said, "That wasn't funny." I tried to explain to him that I wasn't trying to be funny but it is happening. You know we'll have to fix this too as the foam casing is cracked open so it will probably discolor or something and be noticeable within a few months if we don't. Now I am in the doghouse... and we don't have a dog! Number 3 happened last night while I was sleeping. Can it really be my fault then? My husband is on a business trip and doesn't even know yet. I left the hose running to refill the pool all night long! Well not all night actually, my daughter work me up at 3 am so I turned it off then. The water bill will be high this month. I am just glad it's over. Everywhere I drove after number 2 had me going a little crazy. I was quite nervous that I would do some big damage. I am free and clear with no worries.

No comments: