Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I started my class tonight. The first class that was supposed to start last week was canceled due to the instructor was in the hospital having surgery. He looked well and healthy this evening, young too. To prove my dedication to this endeavor, I missed going to a concert tonight so I could attend my first class. It was the usual first day of class routine stuff. There are 12 others in my class, hopefully a well rounded group to get ideas from. I completed the questionaire and handed it in before I left. The questionaire asked why I as there and what I intended to accomplish from this class. All new business starts with an idea. My idea is that kid's clothes should be fun. Kids shouldn't be dressed as a mini adult (i.e. Gap), but in colorful fun clothes. I am looking for a unique line of clothes that accomplishes this... colorful, fun unique children's clothing from afar. My idea is to import kids clothes (age 0 to 5 years) from another country and sell them in the US. Now remember, I want flexible reduced hours to spend more time with my own children so I am thinking of other alternatives of distribution other than a store front. Some ideas include web, mailorder catelogs, home parties, mini fashion shows, fairs, table displays at daycares or schools, etc... My other main goal of this class is to get my business started before December 16, hopefully sooner, as that is my last day of work in Corporate America.

No comments: