Monday, July 03, 2006

My hot new idea for marketing was a slump the first day. It was on Saturday. I had a display of boys clothes only at a local hair salon, Snipadeedodas. Great shop. The owner even stated that boys are their bread and butter, since they come in so often. I thought what a perfect way to sell the boys clothes, which of course, gets shadowed over by the girls clothes. I've had woman (from previous displays) who only have boys, walk straight over to the girls clothes and browse. So I thought, this is the winner. Only show boys clothes, don't even entice them to a girls section. The shop is where my kids get their hair cuts, always busy.

Well this particular Saturday was steady but not the usual busy I am used to seeing. To top it off, quite a few dads walked in with their boys to get haircuts. Dads never buy. There were a few moms I spoke with that might be internet buyers at a later time though - for their girls. I gave them my flyer, that shows both boys and girls clothes. Maybe my being there was a putoff, although I am not aggressive or pushy, and I'd like to think that I sense those signs of buyer vs non-buyer.

So the clothes will stay there displayed on their own. Maybe the midweek mommies will show up and make a few purchases. It was also a bad weekend, being the weekend before the 4th of July. I am still hopeful. There's other alternatives too... entice with a few girls dresses on one side of the rack! I am sure that will work. ;-)

No comments: