Monday, July 10, 2006

So I figured out something... I know it takes me awhile but trial and error has lead me here. And don't tell my husband as he's in essence told me this many times and it is slowly sinking in. I hope he doesn't give me the old "I told you so" .

Ads are not necessarily the way to go for the startup. They will be useful down the road, but in the beginning when you don't have the finances, don't put out ads. At least for me, they don't give me any sales anyway. Get people interested in your products to want to talk about them to others. People trust their friends, relatives, etc. and get advice on many products and ideas. But how do you do this on a much larger scale? I am now going to market Kaboodle Kids by participating in giveaways from blogsites, which usually provide editorials of your products, which is in essence your ad, but the difference is it is coming from someone who is trusted. People trust these blogsites as they have set standards and request samples of your product. I know my products are excellent. Many moms have told me so. I just need someone else that other webmoms trust to believe it as I do and tell them. Secondly, the editorials are usually archived so I'll always be linked to them. Ads are only temporary, whereas links from editorials are forever. This will improve my google ranking. Someday I will be ranked higher than zero!

1 comment:

AnainBjorkquist said...

That day is upon us! A much deserved Google ranking for Kaboodle Kids and for your blog.

I knew from the first time we spoke on the phone that not only are you very intelligent but you have become a very wise business woman!

Kudos to you! I wish you the best!