Friday, April 04, 2008

Kaboodle Kids is going international! I've come to find out that every little blip in how I run Kaboodle Kids usually turns out to be a new stepping stone. Just recently, I had a customer email me from out of country trying to get an affordable shipping rate outside of the expensive express/overnight shippers. Based on her order, I had shipping prices from everywhere and found that the US Post Office 7-10 business days was the cheapest. It seems the international group won't mind the wait in exchange for the price. So I had a shipping rate for this one customer as a flat rate in the system for all to see in that country. Well what do you know, someone else ordered a nice size order with that flat shipping rate. No issues but I learned a valuable lesson. I remembered to change that flat shipping rate to something more in line to the average order and added many more countries to the list. I shouldn't be limiting myself to just the US. So if you are in a country I don't sell to today, let me know and we can change that.