Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In my third year now, my mind races at the thought of how Kaboodle Kids is doing. Will the company survive where so many other startups failed? What makes a company successful? Of course, profitability is the bottom line of true success... or is it? What I got in the mail today showed me that although making a profit is important to maintain and survive, I found another aspect I feel makes Kaboodle Kids successful today.

You see, I got a letter from Feed The Children today. It contained a Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of Kaboodle Kids, basically saying that the contributions Kaboodle Kids has provided in the past 12 months is equivalent to provide 49,830 lifesaving meals for our country's hungriest children. I am in awe at our small 10% donations and what it can do for all those people! If there is any time I feel like giving up, I'll have to bring out that certificate.

Now I am wondering since our contributions are earmarked for the Abandoned Baby Center in Kenya, does my money go farther there????

I did a quick calculation, 365 days in a year times 3 meals = 1095 meals per year for 1 person. 49,830 divided by 1095 = 45 people were fed for the year! and my husband is worried about this new baby we're having... at least we know we can feed him! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there - it is amazing isn't it? I couldn't help but comment - our money over here is worth so much more there - to give an idea $80 in Zimbabwe can feed 400 people! Most Zimbabweans only earn the equivalent of $1 per month! This is why there is so much starvation... The food is so cheap over there, but their earnings just cannot even begin to cover the cost of it!