Monday, April 23, 2007

Although my whole day with Bug Zoo was great, I want to jump into the middle of my day and start on the road trip to visit the ladies that work from their homes or in their communities close to home. I knew Bug Zoo was doing something special by hiring these ladies to work from their home, what I didn't realize was the impact that it has.

Before I left for South Africa, I listened to one of my favorite podcasts, Mommycast, and they interviewed a woman who had lived in Africa with her husband and two children for a few years. It was a great show and they spoke about life there, what it's like... touching on quite a few different areas. Not really knowing the experiences I would have, I contacted Mommycast and they showed interest in any audio I might have while I was there. So I bought a small audio recorder and off to South Africa I went.

There is so much I want to say that I will break down each portion of the road trip as each touches on different areas. But I consolidated the interviews I have into about a 6 minute audio clip for Mommycast which focuses on woman in South Africa, which I am sending to them today. It consists of a portion of the drive to Rugaya's home, narrating the life there as I was seeing it firsthand driving through as well a a little history about Rugaya, then visiting with Rugaya, and finally leaving her home telling me more about the issues facing South Africa, specifically Cape Town. Picture at left shows Rugaya and Stuart walking on Rugaya's street outside her home.

No comments: