Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The animal pics showed a fun side of my trip to South Africa. My real reason for going was to meet my two suppliers, Bug Zoo and Hooligans, and hopefully a local representative of Feed The Children. In the end, I was able to meet with one of my suppliers, Bug Zoo, who was based in Cape Town. I got in late on a Sunday evening after 25 hours of flying and layovers and we had set up that I would be picked up at 7 am the following morning. What was I thinking? and Conway was there promptly at 7 am in his "Bug Zoo" car (see pic of Conway and car). It's definitely great advertising, people were always looking at us as we were driving by.

Conway outlined my day with taking me to the office first to meet the staff, spend some time getting an understanding of the business and how it worked there. Then we were going on a road trip to meet the "ladies" who work from their homes. After lunch, we were going to go meet the original owner of Bug Zoo and see the first Bug Zoo store.

At the office, I met his wife and business partner, Chantel, who also has a job as Director of Rape Crisis in Cape Town. She was able to welcome me before taking off to her job. I don't know how she works full time and helps run a business! (That's why she's so skinny.) So Conway was my chaperone for the day... and what a day it was! I have never learned and seen so much in such a small amount of time. I felt like a kid on a field trip...

1 comment:

Jobove - Reus said...

We invite you to visit our blog, the irreverent mas and iconoclast of the world, in Reus - Catalunya (Spain)
Http: // telamamaria.blogspot.com

Thank you very much for the visit

P.D. We have entered your pĂ gina web and we have been charmed with it(him,her), congratulations