Sunday, April 15, 2007

I received an interesting question today about what my blog is about - I just see a bunch of animals. I will close today with my final safari pics of my trip to South Africa and will go into the real reason I went on the trip - the business side of it. Stay tuned...
One animal I thought we'd see were the monkeys. We were told to zip up the tent every time we left to keep them from having a party in our tent (which it sounds like they are not good house guests). We did not see one, which I guess was a good thing.

Here is a great pic of a zebra (left). Don't you love the butt shot? Although there are many different antelope there, I chose the waterbok and impala to show you.
The waterbok (right pic) is known for the white ring on its rump (kinda like a wet paint toilet seat ring). Botlierskop Reserve is well known for the black impala (left pic), very rare. As you can see in the pic, they've been breeding them for some time. We were told the black ones are quite expensive.
The evening entertainment at the reserve is that after a nice dinner, you join the group by the fire and play bongos. They teach you a simple tune and the instructors play the melody and it was a lot of fun. See my husband and I by the fire still banging after everyone has gone. Overall, the safari was awesome! It's nothing like a zoo experience.

No comments: