Thursday, October 04, 2007

So I found out the number 3 blow! as I stated before everything bad comes in sets of 3. Funny, but what I thought it might be (and could still very well be as I haven't confirmed it yet.) wasn't. So do I really know what my third blow is?

The first was a customs audit of one of last year's shipments that needs to have corrected visa docs or I will have to pay tariff on the shipment, the second is the late shipment coming in due to missing visa docs, and I think the third is the fact that I found out that the purchasing manager of one of my wholesale accounts is no longer working there (which means I have to resell this sale which I thought was a done deal).

You know, last week and earlier this week I was all nerves. Funny how each new day brings a sunnier day with a rainbow slowly forming to bring me out of the darkness I had put myself into. Issue one is hopefully resolved as the new docs are being shipped for arrival early next week within the due date of the customs notice, issue two the shipment is in (which allowed me to send out today a shipment to a zoo in California - their first one at that!). My third issue is still outstanding but I have a brighter outlook and confidence to pull it off.

2 comments:

Amber @ RuffleButts said...

I give you so much credit! I am amazed at everything you do while managing such a great family. I am also a business owner (www.RuffleButts.com) and can really relate to what you are going through. Just when I think I have everything finally under control, there is always some surprise to deal with on a daily basis!

I have also started my own blog and you will see the same recurring theme! Please feel free to visit me anytime by clicking here.

From a fellow business owner and ambitious woman, I wish you all of the best!

Corporate Mom said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You make me sound much better than I am!