Saturday, February 18, 2006

After over a week in customs, I finally picked up my first order of merchandise late yesterday! The freight time was 1 week and it takes longer in customs. The freight and customs process is quite an experience. You definitely need to find the right broker to get the job complete. I tried to find my own broker and compare prices to my suppliers recommended brokers. I found that my suppliers recommended brokers were the same price and they knew what they were talking about. Since I knew this first time would be a learning experience for me, it is worth it. Once I go through this same process with my second supplier, I'll find out which broker I like best and by consolidating to one broker, I can save on a few of the fees. I had a blast looking through all the merchandise last night. The clothes are so cute! I have no doubt the clothes will sell, I just need to market my products well.

No comments: