Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I am so excited! You see earlier this year I wrote into a South African women's magazine called Women's Lifestyle World about Chantel, owner of Bug Zoo, one of the two companies whom we import our clothes from. You see I had the pleasure of meeting Chantel in March and was truly awed by her. She works two jobs. Not only is she the co-owner of Bug Zoo with her husband, but she is also the Director of a rape crisis center in Cape Town. It all fell into place when they took me on a field trip to visit all the different women they employ (working from their homes), and how they are trying to make a difference in their local world, through their business and beyond.

I nominated Chantel for the magazine's "Woman of the Moment" feature (Check it out , she's listed the third person down). I didn't hear anything and actually forgot about it until I got this email from Chantel herself thanking me for my kind words. I quickly checked the feature to check out what I had written all those months ago, relieved I wrote a nice piece. I am so glad it was posted after all and thank you Chantel... you are an inspiration to women around the world and I hope some day to be an inspiration to others as you are.

No comments: